Employment – Barista
What could be better than working in a bookstore all day? Working in a bookstore café!
The Black Bear Café opened its doors just a few months ago and is already becoming one of the most popular stops in Belmont for people who like great literature served up with great coffee (or tea, or all kinds of irresistible pastries). It’s a fun place to hang out and a fun place to work. If you’re a warm, friendly, hard-working type who enjoys making art in foam and discussing single-source Fair Trade beans with anyone who will listen, come join our café team.
As a barista at Belmont Books, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Making coffee, espresso, tea and other drinks to order, as well as serving baked goods, light snack and lunch items;
- Learning about our coffee, tea, and bakery brands, and being ready to make recommendations;
- Connecting with our customers, having a warm and welcoming attitude and inviting conversation;
- Being pro-active in recognizing and fulfilling the needs of both the customers and the cafe;
- Maintaining a clean and well-organized environment.
Prior café experience welcome but not required. Candidates with flexible schedules preferred. All positions are part-time.
NOTE: Per state law, all applicants must be 16 years or older.
Please send your information and, if you have one, a resumé to “employment” at “belmontbooks.com”.