Financial Forensics Body of Knowledge, + Website (Wiley Finance #616) (Hardcover)
Financial Forensics Body of Knowledge is the unique, innovative, and definitive guide and technical reference work for the financial forensics and/or forensic accounting professional, including nearly 300 forensic tools, techniques, methods and methodologies apply to virtually all civil, criminal and dispute matters. Many of the tools have never before been published.
It defines the profession: "The Art & Science of Investigating People & Money."
It defines Forensic Operators "...financial forensics-capable personnel... possess unique and specific skills, knowledge, experience, education, training, and integrity to function in the financial forensics discipline."
It defines why: "If you understand financial forensics you understand fraud, but not vice versa" by applying financial forensics to all aspects of the financial community.
It contains a book-within-a-book Companion Section for financial valuation and litigation specialists.
It defines foundational financial forensics/forensic accounting methodologies FAIM, Forensic Accounting Investigation Methodology, ICE/SCORE, CICO, APD, forensic lexicology, and others.
It contains a Reader Lookup Table that permits everyone in the financial community to immediately focus on the pertinent issues.
This work is the only financial forensics/forensic accounting methodology also published by the United States Department of Justice. It redefines the standard for all dimensions of the financial forensics and forensic accounting profession and is written to address the entire financial community comprised of Originators (CFOs, controllers, accountants, analysts, etc.), Users (auditors, valuators, attorneys, judges, lenders, investors, internal auditors, consumers, bankers, professors, board members, executives, journalists, etc.), and Regulators (civil, including IRS, IMF, SEC; and criminal, including FBI and state and local law enforcement; Interpol, counterterrorism and military.
Financial Forensics Body of Knowledge is:
- The only codified financial forensics/forensic accounting methodology known to exist;
- The only codified methodology comprising civil, criminal, and dispute methodologies within the same framework;
- The only codified methodology supported by optional Internet-based software that continually updates content with newly discovered and developed forensic tools, techniques, methods and methodologies, and actual reports;
- The only codified methodology to contain actual report content (BLINDED) for many different forensic matters, including alter ego, damages, fraud, fraudulent transfer, marital dissolution, valuation, etc.;
- The only codified methodology to contain a comprehensive Forensic Inventory of tools, techniques, methods and methodologies;
- The only codified methodology to address virtually every type of entity, i.e. privately-held, publicly-held, governmental, charitable, NPO, NGO, etc.;
- The only codified methodology applicable to the US and global financial community;
- The only codified methodology that comprises an embedded training tool for beginning, intermediate and advanced financial professionals;
- The only codified methodology suitable for immediate adoption as firm-wide and agency-wide best practices technical and training standards.
The great majority of the content has not been previously assembled and published, and duplication of other publications has been purposely avoided to prevent redundancy.
The two principal authors have trained literally thousands within the financial community in various aspects of the content during the last several years. The attendees have included virtually all entity types, including federal, state and local government and law enforcement, e.g. SEC, FBI. The feedback has been universally positive and prompted the construction of this book. The contributing authors include public and private practice, attorneys, academics, law enforcement, and publicly-held and privately-held financial professionals. They are practitioners first and foremost and heavily experienced in instructional settings.